`Click here for the CakePHP 1.1.x version of the
Welcome to the Cookbook, the CakePHP documentation. The Cookbook is a
wiki-like system allowing contributions from the public. With an open
system, we hope to maintain a high level of quality, validity, and
accuracy for the CakePHP documentation. The Cookbook also makes it easy
for anybody to contribute.
A *huge* thank you to AD7six, who
championed the Cookbook by putting in endless hours developing, testing
and improving this application.
How You Can Help
If you notice an error, something that is incomplete, something that
hasn’t been covered at all, or something that just isn’t worded to your
liking, here’s how you can help:
- Click the edit link for the section you want to change.
- Log in to Cookbook if prompted using your
Bakery account. Anyone can get a
- Please review the guidelines for submitting to the
Cookbook to ensure
- Submit additions/edits for review using valid, semantic HTML.
- Follow the progress of your submissions using the rss feeds or check
back in the next day or so to see your changes approved.
Email John David Anderson (docs at cakephp dot org) or on IRC (#cakephp
on freenode as _psychic_) to discuss any translation efforts you would
like to participate in.
- Browse and edit in the language you want the content to be translated
to - otherwise you won’t see what has already been translated.
- Feel free to dive right in if your chosen language already exists on
- Use the to do list (top right) to see where attention is needed for
- Use Informal
- Translate both the content and the title at the same time.
- Do compare to the English content before submitting a correction (if
you correct something, but don’t integrate an ‘upstream’ change your
submission won’t be accepted).
- If you need to write an English term, wrap it in <em> tags. E.g.
“asdf asdf Controller asdf” or “asdf asdf Kontroller (Controller)
asfd” as appropriate.
- Do not submit partial translations.
- Do not edit a section with a pending change.
- Do not use html
for accented characters, the book uses UTF-8.
- Do not significantly change the markup (HTML) or add new content - If
the original content is missing some info, submit an edit for that
We’re committed to making the documentation for CakePHP better than it
has ever been. We hope you’ll join us by using the Cookbook and giving
back to a project that we’ve all benefited so much from.